Sunday 15 April 2012

The beatles Design.


Oringial Album Artwork.
My idea was to use only part of the image and extend the zebra crossing downwards on the page (example Below) I used the retangular shape tool to do this. To achive the slanted look of the top zebra crossing i used the 'warp' transform option.















I the used the lasso tool to cut out the shapes of the band on that layer making empty silhouettes of the them. On the layer beneath I added an edited photo – using the photofilter ‘cutout’ to create a pop art style- of the band to fill the gaps. I then added typography using a typeface I downloaded that replicated the Beatles logo typestyle.



Silhouettes of band.
Final Design.






























I went through many different colour schemes before settling for the red-ish pink colour. I went for this colour as it reminded me of the bright pop-art of Andy Warhol but also the ‘psychedelic’ colours featured in many 60’s posters and fashion, because of these connections I thought it would help to cement the decade more.
Other colour scheme examples below.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment